- Tea style: Guafengzhai (刮风寨) sheng puer cake - 100g
- Place of origin: Yiwu, Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China
- Harvest: spring of 2020, harvested from large, mature tea trees
- Notes: soft and fragrant, slight bitterness with long-lasting sweet honey notes
- Recommended for: autumn and winter-time reading, meditation, chill-out
Guafengzhai (刮风寨) puer tea originates from the mountainous area of Yiwu (易武镇) in Xishuangbanna Prefecture of China. The area is close to the Laos border and is located in an old, natural forest. The tea trees of Guafengzhai grow together with the local flora fertile mountain soil in moist and humid climate.
This particular puer tea was harvested from large, mature trees of the Guafengzhai area and sourced by a local friend of ours. The tea is potent and fragrant with high energy. Its character shows the slight bitterness of young sheng puer teas combining with a strong honey sweetness and a long-lasting, floral aroma.
The tea was picked in spring 2020 and pressed in September 2020. Only 10 cakes available of the current offering.
Our brewing recommendations: