- Tea style: Huazhu Liangzi (滑竹梁子) sheng puer cake - 100g
- Place of origin: Mengsong, Xishuangbanna, Yunnan, China
- Harvest: spring of 2020, harvested from large, mature tea trees
- Notes: honey sweetness, light bitterness, wild orchids and ripe fruits with long-lasting aftertaste
- Recommended for: autumn and winter-time reading, meditation or other chill-out
We have been playing around with the idea of featuring puer cakes in our store for a while now. As a result of this process, we are presenting you the first members of THE BING CLUB: a series of limited edition puer teas for you to enjoy.
Huazhu Liangzi (滑竹梁子), or "Sliding Bamboo" is one of the tea mountains of Menghai County (勐海县), close to the border with Myanmar. According to the Chinese saying: “高山云雾出好茶”, or "the high mountain clouds and mist produce outstanding tea". Huazhu Liangzi stands at over 2000 meters with a foggy, moist climate and an environment of wild bamboos and diverse flora, the birthplace of some incredible puer teas indeed.
This 2020 sheng puer (or raw puer) made of spring buds and leaves was pressed in late September 2020. The taste is potent and slightly bitter with strong notes of wild orchids, honey sweetness and ripe fruitiness. The "houyun" (喉韵), or aftertaste of the tea is fresh and long-lasting, its energy strong and warming.
Our brewing recommendations: